Welcome Rockstar! I have a super fun workout for you today that focuses on your legs, your glutes, and your core – in under 30 minutes.
For this workout, I suggest you have something elevated nearby like a chair, box or stair as well as some weighted objects to use for resistance.
You can get creative here – I usually use my dumbbells, but you can use just about anything with some weight to it like water bottles, water jugs or laundry jugs!
As always, listen for the form cues so you can stay tuned into your body and pace yourself as we move through the workout.
I’ll be offering lots of options so you can make it your own!
If you love seeing the results from programs designed to sculpt, tone and strengthen your body absolutely anywhere, I invite you to join us in Rock Your Life for the Fitness Addict Challenge!
This challenge will increase full body strength and muscle definition, improve flexibility and boost your cardiovascular capacity!
Booty, Legs and Abs Elimination Rounds
Equipment: Elevated Surface
Format: In round 1, perform moves 1-9 for 0:30 each | round 2, perform moves for 1-7 for 0:40 | round 3, moves 1-5 for 0:50 each | round 4, moves 1-3 for 1:00. Rest 15 second between each movement.
Move 1: Warrior Burpees
- Start in a standing position with your feet wider than hip distance apart.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position, holding your belly button in to keep your core engaged.
- Bring your right knee toward your left shoulder, then your left knee to your right shoulder in a cross-body mountain climber motion.
- Jump or step your feet back in to meet your hands, loading the weight in your heels and stand.
- Bring each foot up and across your body and touch your toe with the opposite hand.
- MOD: Perform this from an elevated surface or step your feet in rather than jumping.
Move 2: Lateral Lunge to Knee Drive R
- Begin standing with your core engaged and chest up tall.
- Step out to the right in a wide stance, bending the right knee as you shoot your hips back into a lateral lunge position. Keep your chest up tall and ensure your front knee is in line with your toe and keep your weight back in your heel and hips.
- Power through your right heel to come back to standing and as you stand drive your right knee up toward your right elbow for a side crunch.
- Land lightly as you come back down to a lateral lunge and repeat.
Move 3: Lateral Lunge to Knee Drive L
- Repeat the previous move on the left side
Move 4: Ankle Taps
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet on the ground, and gently pressing your low back into the ground to activate Blueberry Spine.
- Slightly lift your chest up toward the ceiling and then laterally bend side to side, reaching toward your ankles.
Move 5: Straight Leg Deadlifts
- Start standing with your feet hip width distance apart, core engaged and holding a weight in each hand.
- Keeping your shoulders engaged and weights close to your body, slowly hinge forward at the waist, pushing your hips back. Hinge forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back and be sure you’re not rounding your shoulders or locking out your knees.
- When you reach the end of your range of motion, power through your heels to come back to standing.
Move 6: Full Body Roll Up to Leg Lift
- Lie flat on your back with your legs straight out, arms up over your chest and your lower back pressed gently into the mat.
- Use your abdominals to sit yourself up all the way up to a seated position.
- Slowly lower yourself back down with control until you are back in your starting position.
- Lift your legs straight up toward your chest and then lift your hips slightly off the ground using your lower abs.
- Slowly and gently lower yourself back toward the ground and repeat from the roll up.
- MOD: Lift your chest up as far up as you can for a crunch and keep your knees bent for the reverse crunch.
Move 7: Elevated Glute Bridges
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, heels on an elevated surface and core engaged.
- Powering through your heels, drive your hips to the ceiling and squeeze your glutes at the top. Be sure to engage your core all the way to the top rather than arching your back.
- Slowly lower your hips back down, one vertebrae at a time, lightly tapping your booty to the floor and repeat.
Move 8: Sumo Criss Crunch to Jump
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip distance apart, with your core engaged and hands behind your head.
- Perform a squat by shooting your hips back behind you as though you were going to sit on a chair – keeping the weight in your heels and chest up, engaging your core.
- Power through your heels to a jump and drive one knee up and across your midline to meet your elbow, squat back down and repeat on the other side.
- Reminder: Only squat as deep as you can comfortably go without bending forward at the waist.
- MOD: Use a chair or box to help cue you with good form in your squat so you’re not loading all your weight forward, or bending at the waist. As you’re beginning, do body squats instead of jump squats for a lower impact version.
Move 9: Curtsy Skaters
- Begin standing with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Step your right foot back behind you and over to the left as your left knee bends. Your right knee will line up behind your left heel.
- In your lunge position, ensure that your chest remains upright and your left knee does not rotate or press out over your left foot to maintain stability.
- Power off your front heel to laterally jump to the other side and repeat the curtsy on the other leg. Alternate back and forth.
- MOD: Take the jump out of the move and do low impact alternating curtsy lunges or reverse lunges.
Be sure to check in today and let me know when you do your workout! Always looking forward to hearing how you’re doing, and any questions you have!
Share this post with a friend who loves working out!
One-off workouts are great, but having a PLAN to follow is even better!
Join my online home workout studio and women’s fitness community, Rock Your Life, and get access to 30-day Challenges, a powerful support network unlike any other, new workout classes added every week you can do from the comfort of your own home – and share the journey while we help you reach your goals!