Latest updates: ONS figures show there were 150,116 deaths by 19 March; chief investigator of the UK trial of the drug hopes for approval by end of April
- Global treaty needed to protect states from pandemics, say world leaders
- New vaccines for variants will be needed within a year, say scientists
- University scientists deconstruct vaccines and publish ‘recipe’
- Global coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Public Health Wales has recorded 94 new coronavirus cases and no further deaths.
This is the first time in more than six months the daily number of new cases in Wales has been below 100.
The rapid COVID-19 surveillance dashboard has been updated
Sir Keir Starmer has described Labour has “more than pro-business” and revealed that a shadow minister who implied the opposite has issued an apology.
On a campaign visit to Hartlepool, Starmer was asked about a Sun report quoting Alex Sobel, the shadow tourism minister, describing business as “the enemy”.
Under my leadership, I’ve been very, very clear that the Labour party is pro-business. We’re more than pro-business, we want a partnership with business.
Alex Sobel knows what he said was wrong. He has apologised.