Gemma Corey is a 41-year-old mum-of-three based mostly in Brisbane and has been following The Healthy Mummy for the final two and a half years.
“In whole I’ve now misplaced simply over 27kg. I’ve additionally managed to have my healthiest and lowest danger being pregnant at 41 by following the Wholesome Mummy Being pregnant Meal Plans and exercises in The Healthy Mummy app,” she says.
Actually, by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, Gemma has been capable of make a heap of wholesome meals from the app – 156 serves for beneath $100 – that works out to be simply over 60 cents per serve!
What Gemma made:
8 Wholesome Mummy mains:
- Devilled sausages (8 serves)
- Stovetop Lasagne (6 serves)
- Potato Topped Savoury Mince Pie (4 serves)
- Butter Rooster (4 serves)
- Nation Rooster Pie (6 serves)
- Candy and Bitter Rooster (4 serves)
- Curry Flavoured Noodles (4 serves)
- Gradual Cooker Mac n Cheese (4 serves)
8 Wholesome Mummy snacks:
- Caramilk Weetbix Slice (24 serves)
- Wholesome Mummy Vanilla Slice (16 serves)
- Choc Chip Cookie Tart (16 serves)
- Choc Chip Banana Bread (16 serves)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (12 serves)
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake made on a Caramilk (12 serves)
- Choc Toffee Bark (12 serves)
- Wholesome Sausage Rolls (8 serves)
40 serves of mains and 116 serves of snacks
Yow will discover all of those recipes on The Healthy Mummy app.
“I made a complete of 156 serves for beneath $100! $99.91 to be actual. This prep took me roughly 4.5 hours whereas I used to be nonetheless caring for my 9 month outdated,” she says.
“Fortunately I had picked recipes which I had made earlier than. So for essentially the most half I didn’t must learn the components or recipe methodology and will simply get cooking! As a result of I used to be doing this prep all on at some point, it required vital planning!
“I needed to fastidiously plan which meals and snacks I might make. I needed to plan which dishes I might cook dinner/bake my meals in (eg gradual cooker, stovetop, oven and air fryer). This saved me a number of time as a result of I wasn’t ready for one dish to complete baking within the oven earlier than my subsequent dish might be prepped.”
Gemma used as many kitchen home equipment as she may
Actually, Gemma made full use of all of her kitchen home equipment, she used her stovetop, oven, air fryer and microwave.
“Earlier than beginning I organised all of my prepping containers on desk in order that I may shortly plate up my dishes after which transfer onto the subsequent recipe, saving time,” she says.
“Whereas looking for components, I used to be stunned at how less expensive I may get tinned and frozen greens than recent proper now. This was an enormous saving. Plus it didn’t make a distinction to my finish dish as a result of I’m freezing them anyway.”
“As a result of I used to be prepping a number of meals and snacks on the similar time I created a manufacturing line with all of my components for every dish. This stored me targeted so I didn’t overlook any key components or steps within the recipe methodology.
“I had a horrible behavior of shopping for far more groceries than we wanted. This meant that there was all the time a number of waste with fruits and veggies ending up within the bin.
“Now I fastidiously plan out our dinners for the week and I buy solely the components that we’d like and substitute proteins, veggies and fruits throughout dishes so that there’s minimal waste. I not often throw something out!”
Gemma’s prime ideas for different mums meal prepping
1. Clear up as you go alongside
2. Goal to make use of every little thing you purchase. I made an actual effort for this meal prep to be zero waste. I made positive that if I purchased an merchandise (eg puff pastry, pasta or a dozen eggs) I picked recipes that will dissipate your entire quantity.
3. Repeat meals and snacks as a lot as you may. The brand new 3 Pot Meal Plans actually encourage me to search out new methods to repurpose my leftovers into model new meals.
4. Attempt to minimise the quantity of various components you might be shopping for every week by selecting meals that use the identical base components or can have the identical components substituted in.
5. Don’t overlook to take a look at the veggies within the frozen and tinned sections! These can prevent some huge cash in case you are utilizing them in your cooking. Frozen chopped spinach is waaayyyy cheaper than a bag of recent child spinach.
How The Wholesome Mummy app helped Gemma finances
“I relied closely on the filters within the Wholesome Mummy app. I looked for recipes utilizing the ‘finances pleasant’ and ‘5 & beneath’ filters for inspiration when placing collectively my deliberate mains and snacks,” Gemma says.
“I had a horrible behavior of coming dwelling from work drained and shopping for takeaway as a result of I couldn’t be bothered cooking.
“This may occur two, typically thrice per week. This behavior would price us as much as $150 further every week.
“Because of my meal prep, I can have a wholesome, family-friendly meal on the desk a lot quicker than getting takeaway. Whereas we positively haven’t given up getting takeaway – I can now get pleasure from it as a deal with (as soon as a fortnight) moderately than really feel responsible about it!”
Amazingly, Gemma estimates that she has additionally managed to save lots of a further $50 per week from our grocery store by sticking to a meal plan and never overbuying components to restrict waste.
Gemma has saved herself $7,800 a yr
“I estimate these modifications have saved us $150 per week $650 per thirty days and $7,800 per yr,” she says.
“As a result of our household revenue has diminished whereas I’m on maternity depart, we haven’t been capable of improve our weekly grocery finances.
“So we’ve needed to make our current finances stretch to afford all of these new bub requirements (method, nappies, wipes and so forth). This has meant that I’ve needed to save $50 per week to cowl these prices.”
Gemma Corey’s weight reduction success
Gemma Corey says, “My greatest weight reduction mistake was losing an excessive amount of money and time on diets which weren’t sustainable for my life-style.
“I’ve misplaced 27kg following the Wholesome Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and incorporating their smoothies and dietary supplements into my life-style. It took me simply over 12 months to lose this quantity of weight.
“Accessing heaps of finances and family-friendly meals and the power to do efficient exercises at dwelling has made my weight reduction journey so successful! Because of Wholesome Mummy, I’ve lastly learnt methods to stay a more healthy and extra energetic life-style!”
Take management of your well being and health on the 28 Day Weight Loss Problem!
Wish to take cost of your personal well being and weight? Then be a part of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY.
With greater than 6000 scrumptious (and wholesome) recipes, 500 workouts & 24/7 help – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and confirmed) to assist busy mums such as you drop pounds!
To be taught extra about our problem OR to affix – click on here.